Smart Transport and Precinct Planning, Atherstone
Lendlease Communities (Atherstone) Pty Ltd
Start date: 02 December 2018
End date: 30 April 2019
Australian Government funding:
- SMEC Australia Pty Ltd
- KeyOptions Ltd
- City and community planning
- Facility and services management (buildings, energy, waste, utilities)
- People movement
- Cloud computing
The City of Melton (Council) has identified that they would like to have a better understanding of the movement of people within the Regional Sports Facility and Regional Playspace in the Atherstone development. More specifically, they want to know where community members are travelling to/from and how they are using these facilities. This will then enable Council to better allocate services to reflect the needs of the community and allow for better informed future planning of the development and similar developments within the municipality in future.
Council has no real data on the utilisation of these assets and seeks to harness the power of georeferenced data generated by the telecommunications networks and the mobile phone to understand the asset utilisation
The solution involves developing an integrated near real time data capture process that combines the high rate of market penetration of mobile phone technology, with a number of sophisticated algorithms and analytical techniques to create insights that can feed a map based decision support system.
Potential benefits of this project include:
- Integration of the project with other existing Council Asset management systems
- Development of a Predictive Maintenance Systems, where maintenance of Council assets is based on the usage of these assets
- Activation of remote smart lighting systems to provide passive surveillance and safe communities
- Crowd monitoring and resource allocation at community events, including waste management, youth services, toilet maintenance
- Integration with Intelligent Transport Systems & traffic signal flows
- Development of a Phone App, for use by Atherstone residents and the Melton community to enable 2 way digital engagement with the community.
Name: Stephen Watters