Hobart City Deal
The Hobart City Deal is a shared 10 year vision between the Australian and Tasmanian Governments and the Clarence, Glenorchy, Hobart and Kingborough councils. Together, we will guide and encourage investment to leverage Hobart’s natural amenity and build on its position as a vibrant, liveable and connected global city.
Information on the Hobart City Deal can also be found on the Tasmanian Government’s Hobart City deal website.
Key Focus Areas
The Hobart City Deal will focus on:
- enhancing the Hobart Airport's role as a direct international gateway;
- solidifying Hobart's world class standing as a gateway to the Antarctic and Southern Ocean;
- establishing a reliable, sustainable and cost effective transport system;
- delivering a diverse range of affordable housing options;
- establishing governance to support better strategic planning for the city; and
- investing to support Hobart as a smart, liveable and investment ready city.
The City Deal Partners are now delivering our commitments under the Deal. The Implementation Plan released on 3 October 2019 sets out key milestones for projects, timeframes and who will be responsible.
The second Annual Progress Report will be released in the first half of 2021.
Hobart City Deal signed
24 February 2019
Implementation Plan released
3 October 2019
First Annual Progress Report
21 August 2020
Second Annual Progress Report
End of City Deal