Hobart City Deal
- Annual Progress Report 2021 PDF: 13094 KB
- Joint Ministerial Committee Communiqué 5 March 2021 PDF: 706 KB
- Annual Progress Report 2020 PDF: 3698 KB
- Annual Progress Report 2020 infographic PDF: 1071 KB
- City Deal PDF: 11042 KB
- City Deal Implementation Plan PDF: 6088 KB
- City Deal Implementation Plan infographic PDF: 710 KB
- MOU PDF: 1228 KB
- Joint Ministerial Committee Communiqué 24 April 2018 PDF: 203 KB
The Hobart City Deal is a shared 10 year vision between the Australian and Tasmanian Governments and the Clarence, Glenorchy, Hobart and Kingborough councils. Together, we will guide and encourage investment to leverage Hobart’s natural amenity and build on its position as a vibrant, liveable and connected global city.
Information on the Hobart City Deal can also be found on the Tasmanian Government’s Hobart City deal website.
Key Focus Areas
The Hobart City Deal will focus on:
- enhancing the Hobart Airport's role as a direct international gateway;
- solidifying Hobart's world class standing as a gateway to the Antarctic and Southern Ocean;
- establishing a reliable, sustainable and cost effective transport system;
- delivering a diverse range of affordable housing options;
- establishing governance to support better strategic planning for the city; and
- investing to support Hobart as a smart, liveable and investment ready city.
The City Deal Partners are delivering our commitments under the Deal. The Implementation Plan released on 3 October 2019 sets out key milestones for projects, timeframes and who will be responsible.
The second Annual Progress Report for the Hobart City Deal was launched on 5 March 2021. The next Annual Progress Report will be released in early 2022.
A review of the Hobart City Deal will be undertaken at the end of 2021 and released in early 2022.
Hobart City Deal signed
24 February 2019
Implementation Plan released
3 October 2019
First Annual Progress Report
21 August 2020
Second Annual Progress Report
5 March 2021
End of City Deal