Summaries of Public Consultation Sessions
In January and February of 2009, representatives of the Department and the relevant State and Territory road and transport agencies visited capital cities and regional centres to meet with stakeholders and discuss the proposed reforms.
An overview of the comments made by stakeholders at each of the sessions can be downloaded below, as can a copy of the full report of the consultation sessions and written submissions.
These documents are summaries of the comments made at the sessions, prepared by the independent event facilitator. While all care has been taken, readers should be aware that these are not word-for-word transcripts and may not represent the entirety of the views of the organisations.
Issues raised at the public consultation sessions were considered in the final RIS.
- Brisbane – 27 January [ PDF: 335 KB]
- Townsville – 28 January [ PDF: 356 KB]
- Darwin – 29 January [ PDF: 340 KB]
- Adelaide – 2 February [ PDF: 316 KB]
- Perth – 3 February [ PDF: 336 KB]
- Melbourne – 4 February [ PDF: 334 KB]
- Launceston – 5 February [ PDF: 292 KB]
- Albury-Wodonga – 6 February [ PDF: 344 KB]
- Canberra – 11 February [ PDF: 339 KB]
- Sydney – 12 February [ PDF: 330 KB]
- Full report on consultation Jan/Feb 2009 [ PDF: 1222 KB]