Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia; Quarterly Bulletin, October–December 2008
Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia is a quarterly bulletin presenting recent data on fatal road crashes involving heavy vehicles as well as historical comparisons. It is produced using data supplied by the eight states and territories.
During the 12 months to the end of December 2008, 264 people died from 237 crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:
- 150 deaths from 130 crashes involving articulated trucks
- 95 deaths from 90 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks
- 22 deaths from 20 crashes involving buses.
Fatal crashes involving articulated trucks:
- decreased by 10.3 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- decreased by an average of 0.5 per cent per year over the three years to December 2008.
Fatal crashes involving heavy rigid trucks:
- increased by 15.4 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 5.4 per cent per year over the three years to December 2008.
Download Complete Document: fhvca_q42008 [PDF: 135 KB]
Type: Statistical Data Series
Topics: Fatality, Heavy vehicle
Publication Date: 31/07/09