Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia: Quarterly Bulletin, July–September 2008
Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes Australia is a quarterly bulletin presenting recent data on fatal road crashes involving heavy vehicles as well as historical comparisons. It is produced using data supplied by the eight states and territories.
During the 12 months to the end of September 2008, 281 people died from 247 crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:
- 167 deaths from 141 crashes involving articulated trucks
- 99 deaths from 93 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks
- 21 deaths from 19 crashes involving buses.
Fatal crashes involving articulated trucks:
- increased by 6.0 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 2.5 per cent per year over the three years to September 2008.
Fatal crashes involving heavy rigid trucks:
- increased by 24.0 per cent compared with the previous 12-month period
- increased by an average of 3.5 per cent per year over the three years to September 2008.
Download Complete Document: fhvca_q32008 [PDF: 434 KB]
Type: Statistical Data Series
Topics: Fatality, Heavy vehicle
Publication Date: 30/04/09