Media Releases and speeches
- Progress in regional Australia on forum agenda, 5 March 2015
Albury/Wodonga is set to host the two-day How Fast is Regional Australia Moving conference, which will bring together leaders from business, industry, commerce and government to discuss regional challenges and strengths.
- Charting Australian airline punctuality and reliability, 20 February 2015
More domestic flights are departing and arriving on time across Australia, according to the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics' latest Domestic Airline On Time Performance annual report.
- One week left to nominate for local government recognition, 20 February 2015
Only one week remains for local governments to nominate projects for the 2015 National Awards for Local Government, which recognise the sector's vital role in serving Australian communities.
- Time running out to nominate for local gorvernment recognition, 13 February 2015
Nominations remain open until 27 February for the 2015 National Awards for Local Government, which aim to recognise the sector's vital role in serving Australian communities.
- Young people pitch ideas to make regional Australia even better, 9 February 2015
Members of the public are invited to Parliament House Theatre in Canberra at 11am on Thursday 12 February to see inspiring young people discuss ways to improve the lives of young people in regional Australia.
- Mr Mike Mrdak, 8 August 2014 speech to CAPA Australia Pacific Aviation Summit
Secretary Mike Mrdak recently gave a speech on aviation industry growth at the 2014 Centre for Asian Pacific Aviation Summit. A focus was the importance that good policy and regulatory setting will play in fostering strong industry growth into the future: PDF: 209 KB
Note: You can receive copies of media releases relating to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development by subscribing to the Australian Government's media release service.