Indexed List of Departmental Files
Every six months, the Department is required to prepare a response to the Senate Continuing Order for Indexed List of Departmental or Agency Files (known more often as “the Harradine Report”, as the order was instigated by then Senator Harradine in 1996).
This order requires that an indexed list of all files, created in the central offices of all Federal Government agencies, be published to the Internet, so it is accessible to the public and can assist with Freedom of Information requests.
The Continuing Order requires that only relevant file titles be published on the Department's website and allows for the following exclusions to be made from the list:
- Case related files (e.g. personal representations or dealings with the personal affairs of policy departments or tax payers);
- Files related to the internal administration of the Department or Agency;
- Containing commercially confidential or identifiably personal information;
- Files that on face value, disclose that a particular matter had been put out, or was to be put to the Cabinet.
Index file lists
File titles created between 1 July to 31 December 2013 XLS: 1062 KB
File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2013 XLS: 694 KB
File titles created between 1 July to 31 December 2012 XLS: 708 KB
File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2012 XLS: 183 KB
Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport
The former Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport (DRALGAS) has been disbanded and portfolio responsibilities transferred to other departments: regional and local government functions have moved to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, arts functions have transferred to the Attorney-General's Department and sport functions are now the responsibility of the Department of Health.
- File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2013—Regional and Local Government, Office for Sport XLS: 245 KB
- File titles created between 1 January to 30 June 2013—Office for the Arts
For all general enquiries, please contact:
Records Management Unit