University Vacation Employment Program
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development was recently voted the number one Government Employer and ranked 9th overall in the Top 30 Intern/Vacation Program Employers of Australia in a survey conducted by the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) and voted for by the 2013/2014 Vacation Students.
Salary: $42,317 p.a (pro rata)
Graduate Recruitment Team: (02) 6274 6161 or email@example.com
Vacation Employment Program: Applications for the current program have now closed. Keep an eye on the website or Facebook for updates on the 2014/2015 program.
Choose your Adventure
Applications for the 2014/2015 University Vacation Employment Program have now closed. This page will be updated with more information on next years program closer to the time.
Contribute to the lives of all Australians as a member of our professional team delivering the Government's nation building agenda.
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development (the Department) is seeking suitably qualified students for its University Vacation Employment Program (the Program). If you are interested in building your career in areas such as: maritime and aviation; transport security; national transport systems; finance; communications and business, then this is the program for you.
If successful you will be eligible to receive a minimum annual base salary of $42,317 per annum (pro rata). The positions are based in Canberra and any successful interstate candidates will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and associated costs.
The Program allows university students to develop valuable work experience within the Australian Public Service and provides an avenue to encourage students to continue employment with the Department (via the Department's Graduate Development Program) once your studies have been completed.
You can be sure that your work will be contributing to the future productivity, liveability and sustainability of Australia.
To be eligible for the University Vacation Employment Program, you must:
- be an Australian Citizen;
- be entering your final year of an undergraduate (minimum) degree or have successfully completed or will complete your degree this year;
- be available for your placement between November and February;
- be available for a minimum of 4 weeks;
- have studied majors in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Town Planning, Urban Policy
- Business, Management, HR
- Law, or
- Civil Engineering
- have maintained at least a credit average; and
- be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
For more information please contact the Graduate Recruitment Team on (02) 6274 6161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
- Want to be kept in the loop with our recruitment process? Click on the button below to like us on Facebook or to contact the Graduate Recruitment Team.
- Contact the Recruitment Team
- All applications must be received through the Department's myRecruitment System.
About Our Department
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development contributes to the wellbeing of all Australians by assisting the Government to: promote, evaluate, plan and invest in infrastructure; foster an efficient, sustainable, competitive, safe and secure transport system; and ensure a strong and liveable Australia by focusing on effective local government and external territories administration and regional development that enables communities to achieve economic and social dividends. The Department provides policy advice, programmes and regulation across a wide range of areas including:
- infrastructure planning and coordination
- transport safety, including investigations
- land transport
- civil aviation and airports
- transport security
- administration of the Jervis Bay Territory, the Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Territory of Christmas Island, the Coral Sea Islands Territory, the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands, and of Commonwealth responsibilities on Norfolk Island
- constitutional development of the Northern Territory
- constitutional development of the Australian Capital Territory
- delivery of regional and territory specific services and programmes
The Department provides policy advice to the Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development and the Assistant Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development and delivers a variety of programmes on behalf of the Australian Government.
The Department: conducts research and analysis; provides safety information and advice; and performs regulatory functions. We have a strong policy development role, together with programme administration and service delivery responsibilities. We endeavour to involve key partners, stakeholders, clients and customers in all stages of our work.
One APS Career…Thousands of Opportunities